One big takeaway from #TGE2016 is that we discover new things. Our audience tells us. Our vendors tell us. Our chefs tell us. Our celebrity guests tell us. It must be true. There are some killer products and awesome experiences that are here every year and we love them. But here’s a quick snapshot of some of the new items and experiences that rose to the top this year:
5) Jord – Wooden watches. Straight outta Missouri, these guys make some pretty badass watches. The wooden bracelets are stunning. Nothing like it. Get on our wrists!!!
4) The UCC Chef Battle – The Underground Chef Co do these battles on the regular, but this one was live inside The Gentlemen’s Expo. It’s chef vs chef with a secret ingredient thrown in to spice things up. A panel of culinary stars judge the battle and declare a victor. (For the record Chef Ted Reader won this time) Chef Joe Friday and Chef Mike Ward narrated the whole thing. It was crazy. It was a high energy and welcome addition to #TGE2016 and no doubt will be back next year.
3) Tenfed – This is a clothing company that is trying to make a difference. Kory and the crew offer up high quality tees and toques for a cause. Every Tenfed shirt sold helps feed 10 hungry children. Do you need any other reason to support this project?
2) We Are VR. Watching our audience experience VR for the first time was unreal. Slap on the headset and get transformed to another place. Gaming, movies and experiences are all next level now. The future of playing a game or watching a concert will blow your mind, as it did all weekend long at #TGE2016.
1) Parc City Boot Co. – These boots are unreal. They were flying off the shelves inside #TGE2016. Designed and hand-crafted in Portugal. We’re honoured that Parc City Boot Co were here and that our audience embraced them. Gentlemen of Toronto are savvy consumers and these boots have found a home.
Hope you like this list. What did you discover? Tell us in the comments so we can share the love.